If you have close relatives in Denmark, you can apply for a residence permit on the grounds of family reunification.
Provided that certain requirements are met, family reunification can be granted to:
- Spouses and cohabiting partners,
- Other family members.
For more information please visit New to Denmark. This website is a convenient and comprehensive information resource.
Consular fees are based on the ‘Executive Order on Payment for Services’ provided by the Danish Foreign Service. The applicable visa fee in NIS is as per the current exchange rate. The fee is subject to change without notice.
- Family reunification: 780 NIS
Note that payment is only done in cash (NIS). The above fees are non-refundable.
Additional Charges (non refundable):
- Service Fee: 130 NIS per application
- Cross boarder logistic fee to and from Ramallah: 50 NIS
Spouses, cohabiting companions and registered partners (non UE)
- The application form FA1. Please see below all forms ready to be downloaded.
- Copy of passport (including the cover and all pages with information) a copy of ID card (EU citizens only). If the applicant’s passport is valid less than 6 months, please inform the applicant that a permit can only be granted up to three months before the expiration date of the passport.
- Copy of marriage certificate/proof of registered partnership together with an authorized translation to Danish or English (if necessary).
- Proof of cohabitation. Such documentation includes a lease showing joint tenancy, letters received at the same address, statements from landlords or employers, etc. (only required if the couple is not married or registered).
With children (not EU)
- The application form FA6. Application for family reunification for children (applying concurrently with a parent) or FA7: Application for family reunification for children (NOT applying concurrently with a parent). Properly filled out and signed. If the child is under 15 years of age, the form can be signed by the child’s parent or relative. Please see below all forms ready to be downloaded.
- Case order ID (that the applicant has created one and stated it in the application form).
- Birth certificate.
- Documentation for custody.
- Copy of passport (including the cover and all pages with information). If the applicant’s passport is valid less than 6 months, please inform the applicant that a permit can only be granted up to three months before the expiration date of the passport.
- Three passport photos.
- If the child is adopted, documentation for the adoption.
If the child’s parent or parents in the home country is/are dead, death certificate for the deceased parent.
Please note that the permit must always be collected in person.
Please note that Denmark do not recognise series T of the Jordanian ordinary passport.
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Photo must have plain white background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- The resolution of the photos should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
- The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented does not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
All applications for long term visas will be processed and decided by the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration and will usually be processed within 60 working days.
Please follow the link for more details: click here
Collection of the processed passports from the VFS Denmark Visa Application Centre can be done between 08:30 – 16:00, Sunday-Thursday. Applicants can instantly track the status of their application online by clicking on Track your Application . There will be no need to follow up with the Consulate general of Denmark in Jerusalem or the helpline to ascertain when the passport will be returned.
These are the main forms to apply for family reunification.
- Family reunification for spouses: FA1 form (PDF)
- Application for family reunification for children (applying concurrently with a parent) : FA6 form (PDF)
- Application for family reunification for children (NOT applying concurrently with a parent) : FA7 form (PDF)