Residence /Work Permit
Foreign nationals may be granted a six-month residence permit to seek employment in Denmark.
A residence and work permit under the Green Card Scheme is issued on the basis of an individual evaluation using a point system designed to assess the likelihood that the applicant will be able to find qualified work in Denmark.
For more information please visit: this link. This website is a convenient and comprehensive information resource.
Consular fees are based on the ‘Executive Order on Payment for Services’ provided by the Danish Foreign Service. The applicable visa fee in NIS is as per the current exchange rate. The fee is subject to change without notice.
- Work permit: 845 NIS
Note that payment is only done in cash (NIS). The above fees are non-refundable.
Additional Charges (non refundable):
- Service Fee: 130 NIS per application
- Cross boarder logistic fee to and from Ramallah: 50 NIS
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Photo must have plain white background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- The resolution of the photos should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
- The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented does not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
All information on processing time for work or residence permit are available on the Website New to Denmark.
Collection of the processed passports from the VFS Denmark Visa Application Centre can be done between 08:30 – 16:00, Sunday-Thursday. Applicants can instantly track the status of their application online by clicking on Track your Application . There will be no need to follow up with the Consulate general of Belgium in Jerusalem or the helpline to ascertain when the passport will be returned.